Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Introducing the DREAM JOB Series!


When I was a senior at Binghamton University, I thought of an idea. After writing for the sports section of the school newspaper, The Pipe Dream, for three years, I was ready for something different. As a sports fan, “different” didn’t mean now contributing to the Op/Ed section or writing food reviews, but finding a creative twist to the sports articles I wanted to write.

So I asked myself what kind of stories would be interesting to students. As someone who was one year away from the workforce and unsure of what direction I was headed in, I thought the only way to know what I wanted to do for a living was to get first-hand experience. And thus, began the idea of Pipe DREAM JOB: a weekly series of interviews from those in the sports field who had the job of their dreams.


This blog features the following interviews:
  • Karl Ravech, ESPN Baseball Tonight Anchor
  • Jon Heyman, CNNSI.com Baseball Columnist
  • Cory Schwartz, MLB.com Radio Host and Director of Statistics
  • Brett Ehrlich, SportsNet NY National Sales Manager of NY Mets
  • Ron Klempner, NBA Players Association Attorney
  • Joe Fitzgerald, MLB Special Events Manager
  • Len Berman, NBC Sports Anchor
  • Gary Cohen, SNY Broadcaster for NY Mets
  • Jay Lovinger, ESPN.com Editor
  • Jay Horwitz, Mets Public Relations Director
  • Jenna Wolfe, Today Show Anchor

And lastly, the culmination of the series in my own, personal story:

  • Thoughts on a "Dream Job"

Enjoy, write comments, and learn something the same way I did!

Your sports fan,

Brooke

No comments:

Post a Comment